Music interests

General discussion forum for both Avengers of Azeroth members and non-members

Moderators: Officers, Admins

Music interests

Postby Azaghal » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:23 pm

So what kind of music do you guildies like to listen to :?: I like emo, screamo, rock, punk, alternative, and some hardcore :P
Yes, i am a paladin. 30 Seconds to Mars, baby!!
Woots!!
Azaghal

Postby Kithandra » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:42 pm

Yeah... I know i've had 30 seconds to mars loving convos with you before (Jared Leto is sexy)

I also like a lot of random music... Finch, Thursday, Thrice... Death Cab for Cutie, Postal Service... Tom Petty... lol so random but I love a lot of music
http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/WoW-GM/char ... =inventory

"I still say we avenge better than you"
"Well, we just avenge Lorderadon, you avenge the world"
Kithandra

Postby Jedem » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:14 pm

Heh anyone who has been on vent during "Jed's Music sessions" knows that I listen to alot of different things. With over 30gigs of music on my comp I have everything from Chuck Berry to 50 cent, from the Beatles to Le Tigre, from Beethoven to Shakira. Heh like I said the other night I have the best of the 50s, 60s,70s, 80s, 90s, and today! :-)
Jedem
Pantsless Wonder

music

Postby Bearkub » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:33 am

My conventional music interests are as follows :

Disturbed ___ Eminem ___ Linkin Park ___ Nine Inch Nails ___ Nirvana ___ Staind ___ AFI ___ Bayside ___ The Verve Pipe ___ Thursday ___ Fall Out Boy ___ Rammstein ___ Rise Against ___ Death Cab For Cutie ___ James Blunt ___ Modest Mouse ___ Hawthorne Heights ___ Matchbox 20 ___ Panic! At the Disco ___ TATU ___ Sense Fail ___ Muse ___ System of a Down ___ Third Eye Blind ___ Counting Crows ___ From First to Last ___ The Beatles ___ Simon & Garfunkle

And the ones you might not have heard / or few people I know on WoW like:

Timo Maas ___ Mike Comfort ___ Immortal Technique ___ Morrissey ___ The Cure ___ Spineshank ___ Squirrel versus Bear ___ The Glove ___ The Pogues ___ The Smiths

all of those are bands I have honestly been asked by gamers "who's that"

oddly, my contemporary musical interests do not (for the most part) reflect the genres of my "obscure" musical tastes. It's 80's, Hardcore, Undergroundrap, trance, local music. I also like the soundtracks to Cats, RENT, Hackers, Evita, and Phantom of The Opera.

EDIT = phpbb has a f+ing s+t-fit whenever i try to make things look nice using spaces and tabs.
<woof>
Bearkub

Postby Shmit » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:38 pm

i was talking to taz about music one night and told him to check out a friend on my(space) cause thats basically all the good shit i listen too
so go check out my site and look at Beloved and the song on its website ... two great bands from the heart of NC and my hometown and just a sense of what it is its Punk/Rock/Hardcore music and it is just so well played together and sounds amazing , These are my DUDES and close friends so be nice and tell me what you think

later dookies

AKA-Sphen
GO SHMEAGLES !!!!!
Shmit

im all alone...=(

Postby Omorlen » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:43 am

man noone listens to anything i like lol. wheres all my metal heads at?...(silence)... /cry /wrists

anyway i like alot of powermetal and thrash metal like.....

Dragonforce (good WoW music)
Megadeth (good thrashing music)
Iron Maiden (good music in general)
Pantera (good ganking music)

listen to em! :D
Omorlen

vagina music

Postby Artemae » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:49 pm

fav bands/artists: yeahyeahyeahs, bjork, radiohead, postalservice, blocparty,depechemode, letigre, massive attack, shinytoyguns, cranberries, interpol, cure, the shins, stellastarr, ladytron, royksopp, portishead, nellyfurtado, the faint, pinback, mazzystarr, pixies, the smiths, and yea...a lot...
"what is essential, is invisible to the eye."
Artemae
Cute WoW Chixxor!

Postby Tazzra » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:57 pm

Hey guys! Tazz here! if ya like rock or the band RUSH my band did a few rush jams on myspace site have a look!

http://www.myspace.com/msguitarplayer

Peace!
Tazzra

Postby Zag » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:44 pm

No one says Incubus?
I got Jed syndrome, I listen to a lot of stuff. It all depends on my mood.
Nightwish, (obviously Incubus), Ludacris, the Beatles, Tchaikovsky, good game tracks.
Don't come to me on country or pop rock though... I can accept limited to none of that in my musical diet.
"These are not polite suggestions. These are codes of behavior."
Zag

Postby Yair » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:04 pm

I listen to alot of Prog Rock/Metal when I play WoW,
ie. Dream Theater, Blind Guardian, Fear Factory, In Flames, Soulfly, Dragonforce, Symphony X, Rammstein, Lacuna Coil, Ministry, Mastadon, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, Hanzel Und Gretyl....to name a few.

But my gf has gotten me into some AlternaRock,
ie, The Killers, Weezer and Franz Ferdinand

My Fav PVP Music: The Prodigy.
Yair

Postby Tanoku » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:16 pm

Rock and rock only and my signature should tell ya how I feel about rap.
Tonzura koite

"The bullet of justice caps evil's ass. Remember that."

If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion.
Tanoku

Postby Jedem » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:41 pm

The Killers, Weezer and Franz Ferdinand are considered alternative??? lol I listen to all 3.

nothing wrong with rap, in moderation, if you listen to the beat and not the "I'm still tough even though I live in a mansion" lyrics that most rappers have nowadays.
Jedem
Pantsless Wonder

Postby Tanoku » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:49 pm

I just use rock as a broad term for all the genres. I listen to all kinds of rock. new and old. Well not too old...

I just don't like rap period. Any I hear, I don't like it. lol
Tonzura koite

If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion.
Tanoku

Postby Jedem » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:57 pm

lol silly tan but hey thats your right.

most music I listen to I listen to the beat before I hear the lyrics which is why i listen to alot of different music.
Jedem
Pantsless Wonder

Postby Tanoku » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Well there is some music I listen to that has no lyrics. I think there name is Apocalyptica. They have some nice remakes of Metallica songs without words. They use orchestra instruments and stuff like that. It is pretty cool. There's one other band like that but I forgot their name.
Tonzura koite

Tanoku

Next

Return to General Chat