Hestiah - SWTOR Application

Post here if you wish to apply to join Avengers of Azeroth

Moderators: Officers, Admins

Hestiah - SWTOR Application

Postby Hestiah » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:22 pm

Section 1: Tell Us about you:
Your first name, age, and general location:
Lee, 33, Northern California (also known as Pacific Time zone)

Have you read the About Us section of the website?
Yes.

Do you agree to comply with the rules of the guild?
Yup.

What experience do you have in rpg/mmorpg?
I raided a lot in EQ. I was in the 2nd highest progression guild at the time. As well as my Beastlord being the 2nd/3rd ranked of all Beastlords on the server (at the time I was playing.
I have also played WoW for many, many years. I started playing WoW because of Kurnmogh (twitter) as we were friends many years before then. When she said she was putting Apotheosis back together for Cataclysm, I figured it was the best time to venture into the raiding scene. I have recently stepped down as a raider and have cancelled my WoW account, though I'm sure this is temporary and I'll be back eventually. Just not as a raider.
Prior to ending my raiding career, I was 5/12 HM in T11, 6/7 HM in T12 (Firelands) and 6/8 Normal in T13 (Dragonsoul).

How long have you been playing WoW/SWTOR and what interests you most about the game?
I've been playing WoW for a number of years off and on. I started playing at the tail end of TBC, but had to take frequent, many-month-long breaks because of school. I was a Psychology major, and had a handful of really big semesters (14 and 16 units my senior year). There was little time between work, classes and homework for anything else. I have also played League of Legends (which is more of a DotA than a MMO). And I played Rift for a few months, but never hit 50 on my toon.

First, let me preface this with the fact that I am the biggest non-fan of the Star Wars franchise. I have not seen the current movies, and have no interest. But I first played SWTOR in July at Comic Con, and was surprised by how fun it was. I enjoyed my 15 minutes of playing, and even went back to try to play again (but stepped out of line so that others who hadn't played yet could have a chance). I knew that I would enjoy it.

Section 2: Your Main Character:
Main character name and link to your Warcraft Armory information if a WoW applicant:
Here is Hestiah pimping her hot Dreamwalker set on the last day she logged out of Azeroth. *sniff sniff*
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... h/advanced

I have been all over the place looking for a friendly guild environment amongst familiar faces (in SWTOR). I don't mind hoping around all over the place to play with friends and like-minded people. But SWTOR will always be just for fun for me, as I'm not going into the raiding/end-game realm again.

Class:
I plan on being Inquisitor, but I haven't decided on which to choose yet.

Professions:
I will likely take: Synthweaving, Archaeology, and Underground Trading

Level*:
Heheheh... I'm totes a baby toon.

Please list your current spec and explain why it is your preference:
I have not yet made a toon, but plan on doing this later on.

Are you willing to respec to certain trees (Healers and Tanks mainly) for the good of the guild progress for end game content?
I'm not sure you can respec in SWTOR, but I don't mind doing it if it's needed.

Section 3: Your Alts**:
What alts do you regularly play (name/ class/ level)?
For WoW (if you're curious):
Calliopee - Paladin, Alliance, Eldre'Thalas-US
Erytheia - Mage, Alliance, Eldre'Thalas-US
Perssephonie - Hunter, Alliance, Zul'jin-US
Mailynn - Warlock, Horde, Area 52-US

For SWTOR:
Alana, Inquisitor - Juyo, Empire (Currently guilded in Shred of Honor)
Hestiah - Juyo, Empire (She's the one I plan on bringing to your guild)
Hestiah - The Razor, Republic (There for some Apotheosis pals to level and play with)
Hestiah - The Ebon Hawk, Empire (currently guilded in @LodurZJ's guild)

Section 4: Raids and Upper Level Instances:
What experience do you have in endgame (please list both previous and current) content?
Whoops, I answered this already. But I'll reshare.
Hestiah was 6/8 Normal T13, 6/7 Heroic T12, and 5/12 Heroic T11.

Minimum raiding stats for each class and spec have been established. Do you understand that you will have to meet these minimums prior to attending level capped raids?
I'm pretty good about keeping up with this information, so yes, if this becomes something I'm interested in later on (which I doubt, sorry, I'm looking for social/friendly) I can definitely keep up.

Can you attend our scheduled Guild Events (For WoW typically scheduled on Wednesdays and Sundays at 4:30 pm Pacific Standard Time until 8 Pacific Standard Time and for SWTOR Thursdays at 5 Pacific Standard Time until 8 Pacific Standard)?
Oh, yikes. Your raiding schedule seem to conflict with my work schedule, but I guess that's okay. I'm not looking for a home for Hestiah (WoW), but for Hestiah (SWTOR)!

I know I'm repeating myself, and for that I apologize, but I want to make sure that I answer all of your questions as opposed to just ignoring them or leaving them blank.

The following add-ons are required for WoW, please indicate that you are willing to download and use current versions of:
I have Vent and Mumble. I am okay with speaking and chatting in either/both.

Section 5: Additional Information:
How did you hear about us? Who referred you to this site? (include in this answer any AoA members that might know and recommend you)
Whoa boy. Okay, So basically there was this whole discussion on Twitter today about who's playing what on Juyo (as it seemed that the majority of the Twitterverse was making their toon homes on Juyo). I think vitaemachina is making a toon on Juyo (but is not currently guilded that I know of). And WTSHeals was informed today as well about, AoA. Then there's DiscoPriest who said she was actually *in* the guild. I think there are others, but I'm drawing a blank. So I got the green light from jedsblog to go ahead and app. So here I am!

Please list all previous guilds you have have been in and your reason for leaving:
WoW: Oh goodness. Okay, Hestiah, Calliopee and Erytheia are in Apotheosis on Eldre'Thalas and remain there.
Perssephone started in Apotheosis, but I transferred her to Zul'jin to play with an IRL friend in Esoteric. It was to possibly raid part-time, but that fell through because of scheduling conflicts, and I have not transferred her back (money issues).
Mailynn is in The Way of Pain on Area 52, which is a pretty defunct leveling/friendly/social guild. I love the people, but never intended to raid with her.

SWTOR: All of my toons are in guilds that are social, or have a social rank for people like me. I'm just looking for friendly people to play with.
Alana (Juyo, Empire) is in Shred of Honor
Hestiah (Juyo, Empire) is unguilded (and who I'd like to bring to AoA.
Hestiah (The Ebon Hawk, Empire) is in Knights Who Say OOTEEDEE (@LodurZJ's guild)
Hestiah (The Razor, Republic) is unguilded.

Maylay, Me-lee, or Meh-lay?
*twitch twitch* Maylay *twitch*

If accepted do you promise to sweep the leg?
Nope. I'm not a douche canoe. Sorry.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
One... Two... Three... *crunch* Three! It takes three licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop!

Which Beatle would you say is your favorite?
Chrysolina fastuosa - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chrysolina_fastuosa
They're so pretty and colorful! And unnatural looking!
Oh... wait... you meant the other kind. Yeah, not a fan. Sorry to disappoint.

Any other personal information you think might be helpful:
Erm, I'm funny and ridiculous?? I have a good sense of humor, but also an immense amount of respect for other people. I've stayed in Apotheosis because of the rules they have about derogatory and negative language. Mind you, please understand that it doesn't mean they police language (there are plenty of profane comments made all the time), but the rule stands as you're unable to use "fag", "gay" and "rape" in typical gamer fashion. And for that I will always be proud of my Apotheosis roots.
Hestiah

Re: Hestiah - SWTOR Application

Postby Jedem » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:05 pm

*Wall of Text Crits Jed for 999*
Well after all the work you put into this application the least I can do is invite ya in. =D
Jedem
Pantsless Wonder

Return to Recruitment