Guild Application Thingy

Post here if you wish to apply to join Avengers of Azeroth

Moderators: Officers, Admins

Guild Application Thingy

Postby Amaranthe » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Section 1: Tell Us about you:
Name: Keeley
General Location: Bellingham, Washington

Have you read the About Us section of the website?
Yes and I have it bookmarked for future reference.

Do you agree to comply with the rules of the guild?
Yes.

What experience do you have in rpg/mmorpg?
As far as computer rpg/mmorpg's, I played an World of Warcraft for four years on Thorium Brotherhood. I leveled an Undead Mage, Undead Warlock and Troll Deathknight to level 85, 80 and 70. However, I no longer play World of Warcraft because I only allow myself to become involved with one MMO at a time and I've chosen to play SWTOR. Ask me about my tabletop/live action rpg experience and you'll get a completely different listing.

How long have you been playing WoW/SWTOR and what interests you most about the game?
I've been playing SWTOR since January and have come to love the storylines provided for all the character classes. I want to play through all the classes and experience how it changes for each character. Being able to choose my character's responses has really increased my enjoyment of the game- there were MANY times in WoW when I would have loved the chance to tell Garrosh to drop dead. I focus moslty on questing with my characters and I've been happy with how questlines flow in the game. It feels less like a grind when I don't have to farm 30 elekk tusks for a quest.

Section 2:
Your Main Character:Amaranthe
Class: Imperial Agent/Operative
Professions: Armormech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading (all maxed)
Level*: 50

Please list your current spec and explain why it is your preference:
Healer. I started a healer because during quests it was nice to be able to heal my companion to keep them alive. An operative is able to heal, stealth and do DPS as needed and the flexibilty made solo-leveling easier. When I've joined groups as a healer I've found it can be a bit stressfull but at the same time, there's nothing better than the feeling of healing a group through a sticky situation. I feel like I can actually help other people out because I'm playing a class that there seems to be a demand for. I don't claim to be the best in my class, I don't have the number/talent assesment skills that some people have and so a lot of my gameplay is instinct based. I'm always open to suggestions on how I can improve myself.

Are you willing to respec to certain trees (Healers and Tanks mainly) for the good of the guild progress for end game content?
I would be more than willing to respec if the guild required it, but my playstyle is most comfortable with ranged.

Section 3: Your Alts**:
What alts do you regularly play (name/ class/ level)?
I've been focusing on Amaranthe and getting her to level 50, afterwards I plan leveling my Sith Inquisitor/Sorceror named Nanika who is currently level 18. I leveled a Sith Sorceror to level 50 on a different server but it was PvP and I don't do well at PvP. I also have a level 45 Smuggler who I play from time to time.

Section 4: Raids and Upper Level Instances:
What experience do you have in endgame (please list both previous and current) content?
When I played World of Warcraft I was part of two raiding guilds; Ordo Tempesta and REDLINE. In both guids I participated in Burning Crusade heroics- Karazhan, Caverns of Time, Zul'Aman, Isle of Quel'Danas, Hellfire Citadel, Coildfang Reservoir, Auchindoun, Tempest Keep and Gruul's Lair. In Wrath of the Lich King I ran Utgarde Keep, Nexus, Drak'Tharon Keep, Gundrak, Violet Hold, Vault of Archavon, Ulduar, Azjol-Nerub, Crusaders' Coliseum, Icecrown Citadel, Naxxramas, Onyxia's Lair, and Caverns of Time on normal and Heroic modes. In Cataclysm I leveled my character but didn't do many dungeons or raiding. I haven't had much of a chance to participate in endgame content in SWTOR.

Minimum raiding stats for each class and spec have been established. Do you understand that you will have to meet these minimums prior to attending level capped raids?
I understand that if I want to raid, I will have to meet minimum raiding standards.

Can you attend our scheduled Guild Events (For WoW typically scheduled on Wednesdays and Sundays at 4:30 pm Pacific Standard Time until 8 Pacific Standard Time and for SWTOR Thursdays at 5 Pacific Standard Time until 8 Pacific Standard)?
My school schedule is Mon-Wed. so I would be able to attend anything held on Thursdays.

The following is required for both WoW and SWTOR:
___Ventrillo (mic is not necessary but definitely appreciated)

I'm working on getting a computer upgrade so that I can run ventrillo without crashing it. I've had it to use during raiding in WoW but it doesn't work so good with SWTOR on my machine.

Section 5: Additional Information:
How did you hear about us? Who referred you to this site? (include in this answer any AoA members that might know and recommend you).
I had a random group up with a member of your guild named Arkaine. They were really fun to group with and I believe we managed to do a two-man run of a four-man heroic without dying horribly. I was impressed with their manner and when they recommended I apply to your guild I decided to look you up.

Please list all previous guilds you have have been in and your reason for leaving:
I was in Ordo Tempesta which started as a group of friends who knew each other in real life getting together and became a serious raid guild. I learned that it's best to keep real life friendships away from raiding because the person who screams at you for accidentally wiping the group is different from the person you go out for coffee with. I joined REDLINE when an online friend who had left Ordo Tempesta invited me. I loved running with them but I left to take a break from WoW and ended up playing Dragon Age Origins, Fable II, Dragon Age Awakening, Fable III, Dragon Age 2... where did all my free time go??

Maylay, Me-lee, or Meh-lay? Maylay... I think. Maybe... what was the question again?

If accepted do you promise to sweep the leg? Only if there are cookies involved. Maybe if there's chocolate.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? I'm more of a biter, is that a bad thing?

Which Beatle would you say is your favorite?
Ringo. Mostly because my mom was crazy about him.

Any other personal information you think might be helpful:
I consider myself a laid back, slightly off the wall individual. I have a habit of wisecracking and making smart remarks to let off steam, I'm also married to ex-Navy so I swear- a lot. My response to the comment, 'Don't speak like that in the presence of a lady' is "Lady is a dog in a Disney cartoon", I'm REALLY hard to offend. However, my spelling isn't always the best but I attempt to use proper grammar when I type and the letter 'u' used in place of the word 'you' makes me twitch.
Amaranthe

Re: Guild Application Thingy

Postby Jedem » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:45 pm

Ringo huh? Interesting. I'll friend you and add you to the guild next time we're both online. =D
Jedem
Pantsless Wonder

Return to Recruitment