Appli...cation.

Post here if you wish to apply to join Avengers of Azeroth

Moderators: Officers, Admins

Appli...cation.

Postby stormy » Wed May 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Section 1: Tell Us about you:

Your first name, age, and general location: John, 31, that vaguely mitten-shaped state

Have you read the About Us section of the website? Yes indoodly

Do you agree to comply with the rules of the guild? Yes sir/ma'am

What experience do you have in rpg/mmorpg? WoW since August 2009, a smattering of GW2/LOTRO/RIFT/SWTOR

How long have you been playing WoW and what interests you most about the game? Started my first account sometime in 2007 and hated it. Something dragged me back in the summer of 2009 and lo and behold, I'm still here. I enjoy the challenge and the "brain food" factor. I've always been a serial button-pusher since I was three years old and discovered power windows/locks in my grandfather's car, so the idea of being able to a) talk to fun people, and b) push buttons tickles something primal within me.

Are you on Twitter or any other Social Media site(Not Facebook)? @jrwstormy

Section 2: Your Main Character:

Main character name and link to your Warcraft Armory information if a WoW applicant: Main? Seriously, what's a main?

Alliance "main": http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ahi/simple
Horde "main": http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... nta/simple
(If you held a gun to my head and told me to pick a main, Tormenta would be it.)
Character I'm transferring: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... ira/simple
Class: Priest
Professions: Low mining/herbalism at the moment. Planning on ench/tailoring once I have the scratch to do so.
Level*: 85
*AoA has a minimum level requirement of 85 for any main character in WoW. Helping individuals level and get initial gear is encouraged but not required in this guild.

Please list your current spec and explain why it is your preference: Shadow. I have a bizarre addiction to Shadow magic. As outlined above, I have two 90 shadow priests and this character. I love DoTs--I love the simple rotation and the ability to still do some damage (via DoTs) while concentrating on mechanics of the fight. I also love the versatility of the priest--I do go back and forth between Shadow and Disc on all my priests.

Are you willing to respec to certain trees (Healers and Tanks mainly) for the good of the guild progress for end game content? Mmmmyep.

Section 3: Your Alts**:

What alts do you regularly play (name/ class/ level)? Sterrin--88 restokin, Mackenna--74 restokin, Grimsey--85 tankadin, Stormy--85 hunter, Furtuna--80 lock
Please also provide an armory link to any level 80 alts: See above, but note that Najira is the only character I plan to transfer.
** AoA is an alt friendly guild that admits people, not just their cartoon counterparts.

Section 4: Raids and Upper Level Instances:

What experience do you have in endgame (please list both previous and current) content? 6/12 ICC25N, 12/12 ICC10N, no worthwhile raiding in Cata, 12/12 MSV10N, 3/4 TOES10N, 2/6 HoF 10N, 12/12 TOT LFR (no reg...yet!)

Minimum raiding stats for each class and spec have been established. Do you understand that you will have to meet these minimums prior to attending level capped raids?

Mmmmhmmm.

Can you attend our scheduled Guild Events (For WoW typically scheduled on Wednesdays and Sundays at 4:30 pm Pacific Standard Time until 8 Pacific Standard Time)?

Sunday--yes. Wednesday--not so much.

The following add-ons are required for WoW, please indicate that you are willing to download and use current versions of:

___Healbot/Grid & Clique/Vuhdo/Any healing addon (Classes capable of healing only)
___Deadly Boss Mods

I'm an ElvUI + Clique kind of guy...and I'd rather poke my eyes out with a hepatitis-infected hypodermic than raid without DBM.

The following is required for WoW:

___Ventrillo (mic is not necessary but definitely appreciated)

Mmmmhmmm.

Section 5: Additional Information:

How did you hear about us? Who referred you to this site? (include in this answer any AoA members that might know and recommend you)

Freelancing as a pugger in cross-realm content with Jed

Please list all previous guilds you have have been in and your reason for leaving:

Wreck List (Garrosh-H). Differences with management. Left to found Sane Asylum.

Sane Asylum (US-Garrosh-H). Not leaving. I'm GM, but I'm pretty much the only active player left. I'm a decent raider and a terrible GM.

Eff the Ineffable (US-Azuremyst-A). Not leaving. This is where my baby Alliance toons live.

Band of Misfits (US-Azuremyst-A). Not leaving. This is where Ilahi lives and would like to raid. The Attendance Boss is a cruel mistress.

Maylay, Me-lee, or Meh-lay? Maylay. It's maylay, FFS.

If accepted do you promise to sweep the leg? I have no idea what this means, but it sounds vaguely sexual...and if it is, then the answer is an emphatic YES.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? 234. My friend David and I counted when I was a wee laddie in elementary school.

Which Beatle would you say is your favorite? Hi...have I mentioned that I'm 31? My favorite Backstreet Boy is Kevin and my favorite member of *NSYNC is JC.

Any other personal information you think might be helpful: I have an extremely low tolerance for hate speech, particularly homophobic and racist slurs. To quote Pete Wentz, "Gay is not a synonym for shitty." I will probably be spectacularly humorless about this point if it ever comes up. If so, simply bop me on the nose with a newspaper--or offer me a Snickers, as I'm probably hungry. I'm also ruthlessly pedantic with respect to grammar/spelling etc.

End of Application
stormy

Re: Appli...cation.

Postby Jedem » Wed May 29, 2013 9:51 pm

I suppose we can do something about this application. =D
Jedem
Pantsless Wonder

Return to Recruitment