Recruit Application

Post here if you wish to apply to join Avengers of Azeroth

Moderators: Officers, Admins

Recruit Application

Postby MaddieSedai » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Section 1: Tell Us about you:

I am Michelle. I am 41 years old and live in northwestern Wisconsin about 6 blocks from the shore of Lake Superior.

I've read the About Us section and completely agree to comply with the guild rules.

WoW is my first online rpg/mmorpg experience and I've been playing it for a little over 4 years. I participated in the closed betas for both Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria, and hope to be selected for the Warlords beta. I started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic about a year ago. I have a passing familiarity with offline rpgs, such as Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

My WoW interests are definitely in the realm of PvE activities such as leveling and professions. I also enjoy doing dungeons and raids with friends and helping my fellow guildies in any way I can. I am not very good with PvP, but am willing to learn. On a more abstract level, what I enjoy most about WoW is its lore and story-telling. WoW is a world full of rich detail and amazing story-telling if you know where to look. :)

I have a Twitter account but never use it. My main form of online communication is email.

Section 2: Your Main Character:

My main is Madilissa: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/u ... ssa/simple

She is a Discipline Priest and has chosen Tailoring and Enchanting as her professions.

Level*: Madilissa is currently only level 12. I plan on transferring one of my 90s from another server to Ursin to provide financial and material support. I have been doing Flex Raiding with AoA on my lvl 90 Disc Priest (Maddiepriest) and plan to continue to do so as long as AoA welcomes my participation. :) I do not expect AoA to provide me with any leveling support or any assistance in getting raid gear. I also plan on using the "instant 90" we will get with Warlords to bump my main to 90 if she is not already there. I hope this information will convince AoA to make a special exemption to the lvl 85 min requirement for a main character.

Please list your current spec and explain why it is your preference:

I have played priests since I started WoW... my first toon was a priest. I leveled her from 1 to 80 as Holy because no one told me that was probably the hardest way to level a priest. LOL

I started playing Disc when Cataclysm was released. One of my pet peeves with most healer specs is that the toon's dps is incredibly low, often to the point where you feel like you are "nibbling" at mobs even while questing. After playing the new Disc spec, I finally found what I was looking for: A healer toon that does reasonable dps and excellent heals. I've stuck with Disc ever since and have gradually increased my mastery of its intricacies.

Are you willing to respec to certain trees (Healers and Tanks mainly) for the good of the guild progress for end game content?

I am willing to respec my secondary spec to Holy for the good of the guild, if asked.

Section 3: Your Alts**:

I do not currently have any alts on Ursin, although that will likely change. Once I get settled on Ursin, I plan on creating my usual "army of alts". This is a set of alts of different classes and races whose purpose is to provide material support for my main and my guildies by having all primary professions at max level.

Section 4: Raids and Upper Level Instances:
What experience do you have in endgame (please list both previous and current) content?

I've experienced endgame content at level for the Lich King, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria expansions. I have also gone back on my 85s and 90s to the vanilla and BC endgame content to see what it was like. I also have the Loremaster achievement.

I understand that my raiding toons must meet certain minimum stats. I can usually attend both the Wednesday and Sunday raid nights. If I cannot, I will let someone know.

I have been using DBM and Vuhdo for most of my time in WoW. I also have Ventrillo.

Section 5: Additional Information:

I heard about AoA from a good friend, Elainor. She heard about you guys from one of our other friends. She told me you were looking for raid healers for your Flex raids and I volunteered. I found I enjoy raiding with you guys and figured it would be nice to put a toon or two (or more!) in the guild itself. Any AoA member who has done the Flex raids, like Jedem, would probably recognize Maddiepriest, a little gnome with pink pigtails. :)

I have not been in any guilds on Ursin.

Definitely "Maylay"... and yes, if you accept me I will not only sweep the leg I will heal the arrow in the knee as well. :D
LOL :)

I'm a cruncher so for me, it doesn't take any licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop!

I love the Beatles as a group... don't really have a favorite.

I am a friendly person who loves playing WoW with a good group of friends. :) My personal interests are costuming, dressmaking, reading, singing and playing WoW. I am married with two special needs kids. If anyone wants to know more about me or my kids, please ask... I am always happy to chat with an interested person. :)

Thank you for this opportunity to join AoA. :D

-Maddie
MaddieSedai

Re: Recruit Application

Postby Jedem » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Woo Maddie app'ing! I've friended your Ursin alt on my second account and we're already btag buddies on my main account. Next time you're on I'll ginvite =D
Jedem
Pantsless Wonder

Return to Recruitment