My application

Post here if you wish to apply to join Avengers of Azeroth

Moderators: Officers, Admins

My application

Postby Jerthil » Sun May 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Hello all!

I've greatly enjoyed raiding with you all in SoO the past couple of weeks, you come highly recommended from a friend I greatly respect, and Jedem pointed out that I didn't have a toon in the guild, so.... here I am!

On to the long, boring, drawn-out, must-do application......

About Me:
My name is James, I'm closer to 33 than 32 now (ugh), and I live about 20 miles west of Washington, DC
I read through the rather humorous About Us section, and it made me smile a bit
Rules? rules are made to be broken, right.... right? No? dang. Ok, I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good..... wait, wrong movie. Yeah, I'm alright with the rules.
Gaming experience? 6yrs of EverCrack starting back in 2000, and the last 4 1/2 to 5 here on WoW, along with numerous other games along the way that I never played for more than a few months.
Like I said, I've been on WarCraft for around 4.5-5yrs now. I enjoy questing, achievements (oh yes, i DO love my achievement points), and raiding.
Sorry to disappoint anyone, but I am not on any "social networking" site

Section 2: Your Main Character:
Jerthil http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... hil/simple
Class: Paladin (there are OTHER classes? psh)
Professions:Engineering/Blacksmithing (love those extra sockets and tinkers!)
Level*:90
*AoA has a minimum level requirement of 85 for any main character in WoW. Helping individuals level and get initial gear is encouraged but not required in this guild.

Please list your current spec and explain why it is your preference: Retribution. I love smashing faces in (Jerthil.... SMASH!)

Are you willing to respec to certain trees (Healers and Tanks mainly) for the good of the guild progress for end game content? My current OS is Holy, though it is under-geared atm due to some slight indecision on my part a few months ago lol

Section 3: Your Alts**:
What alts do you regularly play (name/ class/ level)? I have 8 alts, only 2 aren't 90, but they are tradeskill mules and rarely get played except to level to the new cap for the new recipes
Please also provide an armory link to any level 80 alts: Do you really want a link to all 8 of my alts? I will if you insist........
** AoA is an alt friendly guild that admits people, not just their cartoon counterparts.

Section 4: Raids and Upper Level Instances:
What experience do you have in endgame (please list both previous and current) content? I've raided endgame in EverQuest (tank), FinalFantasy 14 (tank), Warcraft (tank, heals and dps at different times). In Warcraft I've cleared all Wrath and Cata end-game bosses (including Firelands), and have cleared all Mists raid content on LFR, and the first 3 wings of SoO on Flex.
Minimum raiding stats for each class and spec have been established. Do you understand that you will have to meet these minimums prior to attending level capped raids? Why raid if I'm not capped, gemmed, re-forged, enchanted and fed? I have no problems showing up ready to rock
Can you attend our scheduled Guild Events (For WoW typically scheduled on Wednesdays at 5 pm Pacific Standard Time until 8 Pacific Standard Time and Sundays at 3 Pacific Standard Time until 6 Pacific Standard Time)? Currently I have class on wednesday nights (until the end of May, 2014), but otherwise can attend. my schedule will change every 12 weeks as my schooling continues, though I can specifically request certain nights off

The following add-ons are required for WoW, please indicate that you are willing to download and use current versions of:

___Healbot/Grid & Clique/Vuhdo/Any healing addon (Classes capable of healing only)
___Deadly boss Mods- Have and is current
I also use CLCRet as a rotation aid.

The following is required for WoW:
___Ventrillo (mic is not necessary but definitely appreciated) What, you don't remember hearing my dulcet tones?

Section 5: Additional Information:
How did you hear about us? Who referred you to this site? (include in this answer any AoA members that might know and recommend you) I heard about you from my friend Maddiepriest, and have raided with you the last two weekends, including having Jedem on my BattleTag friends list.

Please list all previous guilds you have have been in and your reason for leaving: I was in Elysium (Suramar) from April of 2006 until April of 2014. Leaders were inactive, there was no one play with.

Maylay, Me-lee, or Meh-lay? Melee..... how you pronounce it is up to you

If accepted do you promise to sweep the leg? um..... yes?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? One.... Tuh-woo...... Three.... CRUNCH (The world may never know)

Which Beatle would you say is your favorite? Who?

Any other personal information you think might be helpful: I'm slightly nuts, achievement obsessed (just shy of 16k finally) and like to have a good time

Thanks for your consideration!!

jerthil (James)
Jerthil

Re: My application

Postby Jedem » Tue May 06, 2014 4:28 am

App looks good. Will invite next time you're on.
Jedem
Pantsless Wonder

Return to Recruitment